Save this email to refer back to later!
Let’s work together this tax season!
I am getting back up to speed after a few weeks off and want to be sure that you have everything you need to start this tax season off on the right foot.
Some of you might need some time to get your tax docs in order, so please save this email to refer back to if you have questions in a month or two.
Here’s everything you need to know for the 2020 tax season:
How to get on our calendar
Not everyone will need to speak with us before we file your taxes. However, if you had major changes in your business last year, you may want to schedule a quick chat with us to see what documents we will need from you.
Our calendar link is here.
As we continue to grow, it’s important that my team and I stay on the same page. Here’s what we’re asking of you:
- Please communicate with us by email for all things tax-related. My team does not have access to my phone, so if we’ve texted in the past, please email me at email@example.com for anything regarding taxes.
- Please pay your invoices via invoice emails. Some of you have had flexible payment systems in the past. Again, my team does not have access to other systems, so please do not send payments outside of our invoicing system. If you have any troubles with this or need a payment plan, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We love chatting with you! If you slide into our Instagram DM’s or have fun things to share, we LOVE seeing what you’re up to! If it’s biz or tax-related, please send it to our email inboxes as we can’t answer tax-related questions via social media.
What we need before starting your taxes
Everyone has different documents, but the basis of what we need is the following:
Step 1: Update and reconcile your QuickBooks including all bank and credit card accounts. You must do this on your own before reaching out to us.
If you need help from us on this, please reach out and let us know.
Step 2: Upload any supporting documents and forms to your Google Drive folder; do not email them to us. Here is a list of what we need from you before we begin your tax prep.
If this is your first year with us, use this cheat sheet to see what additional documents we might need from you.
Step 3: Let us know by email that everything is uploaded and we will put you in the queue to prepare your tax return.
And by ‘money’ we mean ‘up to date QuickBooks and other documents’!
How to refer someone to work with us
While we LOVE a good warm intro and referral, we’re getting a million emails a day. Okay, that might be a slight exaggeration. However, the best way to refer someone to us is to have them schedule a New Client Zoom Meeting via our website.
This will help us stay heads down on tax prep, and skips the back and forth of getting on our calendar. You can always refer people to the scheduling link on our Instagram bio as well.
We’re excited to work with you!
2020 brought lots of changes for Bloom. Not only did we rebrand, but we grew. We’re serving so many incredible businesses AND added to our own team (check their intros out on Instagram!).
As we continue to grow, we are implementing processes to help streamline your experience with us, thus saving everyone time along the way.
These processes include:
- Automatic billing for all monthly bookkeeping clients
- Administrative team members to ensure fast response times
- Additional Tax Prep and billing team members to get you the estimates, prep, and answers you need to make dollar-backed business decisions
Who’s ready to rock this year!?