Zaide, Palacio & Associates is now Bloom Small Business Services!
I am absolutely thrilled to announce the launch of our new name “Bloom Small Business Services, Co.” or just “Bloom” for short! The reason for this name change is because I want my company to be an extension of who I am and what my values are, and “Bloom” symbolizes exactly what my approach is to helping your business flourish and thrive into its full potential.Although we’ve changed our name, our commitment to you remains the same. But here are some refinements we have made to our services:
- Our new website is bloomsbs.com – please check it out and let me know what you think!
- You can now schedule an appointment directly from our website
- We will continue to monitor the ZP inboxes closely but will start replying to emails with our new Bloom domain starting next week.
- You can also find us on Instagram and Facebook
"Good grief": More COVID Updates!
PPP Loan Forgiveness
- Although the PPP loan forgiveness application has officially been released, Congress and the Treasury Department continue to refine and reform the rules on how exactly loan recipients can apply for and receive full forgiveness of their loans. Rumor has it that there may be additional changes coming where all loans under a certain dollar amount will be automatically forgiven – fingers crossed! In any case, forgiveness applications are not yet ready to be accepted by lenders and we don’t know when that process will be available just yet. Also worth pointing out: the loan forgiveness process likely could take up to 5 months to complete, so it looks like we’ll be dealing with PPP through the end of this year and probably into next tax season.
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance applications have been open here in Illinois for about three weeks now. The IDES website now has a specific application for self-employed people who lost work or revenue during the past few months. Apply for assistance here – but remember, you must be denied regular unemployment first before qualifying for PUA.
- The extended tax filing deadline is July 15th. If you have not yet uploaded your business and/or tax documents to our shared Google Drive folder, please try to do so this month. If you need access to the folder, reply to this email and I’ll send it your way. And for those of you who are still waiting to receive your completed returns, I promise you’ll be hearing from me very soon! Thank you so much for your patience while I continue to navigate this historically weird and challenging tax season.
I am super excited to continue working with you under our new name and new brand, all with our expanded philosophy and values that we bring to the table to make your business truly bloom.